Continue your professional development as a school governor
Volunteer as a school governor and develop new skills while supporting education in your community.
As a school governor, you’ll:
- Give back to your local community
- Improve education for the next generation
- Work collaboratively with different people from all walks of life
- Develop transferable skills to take back to work
Volunteering as a school governor is a powerful professional development opportunity.
Bring transferable skills back to the workplace and see how you could benefit.Start your application
Develop your soft skills and experience:
- Asking challenging questions and having difficult conversations
- Working with senior leadership teams and different stakeholders
- Developing a strategic approach and problem-solving
Join a school governing board and put your existing experience to good use – while developing new soft skills.Apply to become a governor
Learn new hard skills
- Experience strategic planning
- Manage budgets of up to £1 million
- Analyse data to ask the right questions
Develop hard skills and see the benefits to your career.
Complete your application and we’ll match your skills to a school in need. Support education for children in your community while building on your professional experience.Apply to become a governor
Learn more about the role
Our online training and support is free and available for you to complete at any time. Get up to speed with school governance so you can make an impact from your first day.See training and support