Becoming a school governor through Deutsche Bank
Governors for Schools is working with Deutsche Bank to support employees in becoming school governors. We’ll match your skills and experience with a school board that needs someone like you.Start your application
“We are pleased to continue working with Governors for Schools. In a worrying time for schools and students, a strong governing board will be vital to support a school in tackling challenges they have never encountered before. It will enable schools to tap into the skills and expertise of our employees to bridge the gap in learning — an important step towards helping students fulfil their potential.”
Lareena Hilton, Global Head of Brand Communications & CSR at Deutsche Bank
About the role
School governors have 3 main responsibilities:
- Planning the strategic direction of the school
- Overseeing financial performance of the school and ensuring money is well spent
- Holding the headteacher or school leadership to account
Track your development
As a Deutsche Bank employee, you’ll have exclusive access to our Skills Development Tracker to record your progress as a governor.
Using the tracker, you can:
- Measure hours spent in the role, log specific responsibilities you’ve carried out, and keep a record of the variety of projects you’ve been part of
- Download your activity log to take to appraisals and demonstrate your work
- Gain access to additional training resources
You’ll have access to the tracker as soon as you’re placed on a governing board.
Support for governors
Our training and resources are there to get you up to speed, so that you’re effective from your first day in the role. Your professional experience at Deutsche Bank will benefit a school – you don’t have to know all the acronyms by your first meeting. The majority of our volunteers are first time governors, and schools need this outside perspective to ensure robust decision making.
Before accepting a school governor role, please disclose and obtain approval prior to engaging in Outside Business Interests (OBI). This can be done submitted through Deutsche Bank’s GECCo system. For more information on OBI and any queries relating to OBI, please reach out to the team at [email protected].