Read more about Keith’s volunteering journey, why he values diversity on governing boards, and how he uses our service to recruit and strengthen governance at Sir William Ramsey School.
Our five-year Impact Report
Throughout 2023 we worked with FTI Consulting to measure our impact and explore the difference our service makes to schools, trusts and volunteers. From this, a five-year Impact Report has been created.
In 2022-23, governance volunteers appointed through Governors for Schools since 2018 contributed £13,500,000 to their schools in terms of time given.
- 89% of schools were delighted or happy with the governance volunteers sourced via Governors for Schools.
- 9/10 schools would recommend Governors for Schools.
- 85% of appointed volunteers had a positive experience in their governance role.
- 86% have used or are using our support resources to develop themselves in their role.
- 33% felt their governance role had helped develop their careers.
- 63% of those surveyed have actively encouraged personal and professional networks to take up school governance roles.
Alongside the release of our five-year report, we’ve taken the opportunity to catch up with some of the schools and volunteers we enjoyed a particularly close working relationship with over the period.
Explore how Ashton West End Primary Academy has sourced a wealth of trustees and members using our service, including the benefit they have brought to the school.
Read more about how The Canterbury Education Trust has worked with Governors for Schools to source skilled and dedicated volunteers.